Friday, November 28, 2008

Reasons to be Thankful..

Well it's black Friday and I have to say my fiance was up and out the door this morning at 5am.

I was sleeping off the turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and Guinness.. Shopping can be done online with a cup of coffee. :)

I was back on the sticks yesterday with some friends and the hill was sweet. We have about 38% of our terrain open which will continue to grow in the next few days as temps look good and even some snow is in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday.

There are plenty of reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for the 251 Fan Guns, the parks and pipes department, the staff we have at Mount Snow and everyone that has been associated with working on this event thus far.

Since we started this process of the Dew Tour nearly a year ago now it has been a pleasure to work with everyone from the police department, to the Chamber of Commerce, to the folks at AST. Everyone is excited to branch into winter and I know that Mount Snow will put on a great show for all involved.

Yesterday after my first turns of the day we stopped in Cuzzins and enjoyed a few rounds with some of Mount Snow's finest. Four guys who have skiing at Mount Snow since the 60's. They depict exactly what I want my retirement to be like. Get up, grab a cup of coffee, ski a few hours, then hit the bar for some football, beers and food. Everyday.

These guys all in their 60's and 70's talked about the good ole days of the mountain back when we had an outdoor swimming pool, an indoor skating rink, the 300' geyser, you know the 60's. But then they said that they thought the good ole days were back! Upon learning who I was they congratulated me on landing the Dew Tour. I was surprised. A bunch of seniors stoked to see Tanner Hall and Kelly Clark launch out of the pipe. Awesome. They were great. It was like having lunch with the Rat Pack.

Get on up here and enjoy some quality skiing and riding. If you see the guys at the bar, (they're always at the end corner), pull up a stool, grab a beer and listen to their tales. One day that will be me hopefully talking about the good ole days of the Dew Tour and how Mount Snow once hosted a number of Olympic Gold medalists all at the same time.

No comments: